Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Falling Through Time [Saphira. + bobby2245]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Falling Through Time [Saphira. + bobby2245]

Post by cecil. on Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:38 pm

Falling Through Time

Authors: Saphira. and bobby2245

This is what we have written on paper so far.
---------------------

Saphira/bobby2245

Mark Turner wrote:I walk home from work every day, but today I have a spring in my step. I have done it, my research is complete. It took me many years, but today, March 20th, 2015, it has happened. Mark Turner, PHD, you have outdone yourself. I open my door and see my empty apartment. There is a faint odour of cat litter. Gertrude Milly Anderson the Third walks out of his clean yet foul-smelling litter box.

It's almost midnight, and I know that I need to be fully rested in order to obtain optimum test results. Results, of course, with the first test run of my... invention. I unlock the door to my bedroom, experiments whirring softly. But none of my tinkerings can compare to the machine that I have been building for years. The machine that I have finally, finally completed. Lying down on my bed, I switch off my light. I roll over on my side, too excited to sleep. I force my eyes close and slowly drift off.

Today is the day! The turning point of history. (Ha, get it? No?) I run to my state-of-the-art workshop, yank open the door. There it is. My beautiful invention. It shines in the early day sunlight coming through the small window. "Plug it in," I whisper to my self. The machine emanates a bright purple glow. A purple hole opens in the centre of the room. It rotates clockwise on a 2.5 degree angle. It is 4 by 4 metres. I look inside to see a dark abyss.

"Here we go," I mutter, knowing anything could go wrong. But after so much patience and toil, I can't restrain myself any longer. I walk over to the interface installed on part of the machine and set the numbers to 3.20.2215. 200 years from this date. I ready myself for the plunge into the purple hole, shouldering my daypack. I close my eyes, take a deep breath. For what I have created is the world's first and only time machine.
---
I plummet through the hole, limbs flailing. An icy chill washes through my veins and a blinding light speeds towards me. I crash into something hard as the light meets my face. Wincing and blinking, I realize that my forehead is pressed against some kind of metal. Sitting up, I feel the metal ground moving under me. I scramble to my feet and leap off of the conveyor belt, rolling into a bush. I retch into the greenspace, hidden by the cover of the shrubs and nauseous from the journey.
Getting my bearings, I look around. People stand on the belt like it's a moving sidewalk, immersed in holographs that float from their palms. No one's noticed me or the floating purple circle that dumped me onto the movator. I allow a smile to creep onto my face as I acknowledge that I've completed my lifelong goal.

I reach into my pocket. There is a metal object shaped like a flask. I slowly open it. Suddenly the purple portal is sucked inside the flask, and I seal it tightly.
I get up, and standing directly in front of me is a man about my height. He is wearing a jean jacket over a white t-shirt and worn out baggy pants.
"I was expecting you," the man says - almost like he knows me.
"Who are you?" I whisper hoarsely, dreading the answer.
"You."

I'm shocked at first, but as I look at him more closely, I begin to see it. He's like an older, more confident version of myself. Sparkling brown eyes, messy hair, a casual smirk playing across his face. The man - Mark, I remind myself - strokes his moustache, looking at me with a calculating expression. Waiting for me to make my next move. Am I like this in the future? I wonder, slightly worried. I shake my head to clear it. "So... me," I address him. "Where to?"
He smiles, revealing perfect teeth that don't quite fit with his grungy outfit. "Come with me." He turns around, walking quickly, and I hurry to keep up.

I follow him to a tall office building. Inside there is a large plant - a fern - and a door to an elevator. For a big building, the lobby is surprisingly sparse. He leads me to the elevator.
"After you," he says as I step in. I sense something odd.

He smiles coldly as the elevator doors slam shut, leaving me trapped inside. Through the glass doors he wears a satisfied smile. I feel the floor drop from my feet as the elevator begins to plummet downward. I close my eyes tightly, gripping the railings. Please... Please... Miraculously, the elevator begins to slow and eventually halts. Still stunned, I watch as the doors slide open.

----------------

{That's all we have. bobby, you're new to forums, RPing etc. so if you need help just ask me. When you're talking OOC (out of character) use brackets. Also remember that you can't go wrong in a roleplay - anything is fine! Whatever you write is officially 'canon' and therefore perfectly fine. If you need to talk about plotline etc., email me. The next post is yours. Have fun!}
{also, this board belongs exclusively to me. do whatever the frick you want.}

Last edited by Saphira. on Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
cecil.
Admin

Job/hobbies : WTNV, Sherlock and Doctor Who

Back to top Go down

Re: Falling Through Time [Saphira. + bobby2245]

Post by bobby2245 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:58 pm

(good ideas. keep it up)

bobby2245
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby2245 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:06 pm

I close my eyes, hoping for the best. I find my self in an office. The black leather chair spins around. A woman about 5 and 1/2 feet tall with leather boots and a nice dress is in the chair. She looks in her early 30's about 2 years younger than me. I stare for a minute. I don't look away until she slaps me across the face. I don't feel the pain. I am entranced!
bobby2245
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cecil. on Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:40 pm

"Hey!" I cry. "What was that for? Who are you?" I rub my cheek, bemused.
She smiles coldly. "I'm Ashley Thorpe." She flips her dark brown braid over her shoulder and stands up in a fluid motion. "And no one looks at me like that. I oversee this corporation, and you will address me as Ms. Thorpe."
I can't help but notice the "Ms." as opposed to "Mrs." I try not to smile like an idiot.
"Your assistance is required," says Ashley. "We have been overseeing your progress - an agent had been sent to watch you in your time." She turns and walks away, throwing, "Happy birthday, by the way," over her shoulder. I gaze at her helplessly.
"Wait - what am I supposed to do?"
cecil.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby2245 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:54 pm

"You must destroy the inventions in your lab." She says over her shoulder. "What? I'm not doing that!" "You better or do you want to live in a world where everyone is a slave and your son creates evil robots to take over" "I have a son!" "That's besides the point." "Fine" I say reluctantly. Just then four men in black suit burst in!

Last edited by bobby2245 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
bobby2245
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cecil. on Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:02 pm

"Woah woah woah!" I throw my hands up, yelling, "I'll do it, okay?" Anything to please Ms. Thorpe. I take out the flask, pointing to it. "So I just step through my portal, destroy everything and come back?" I still don't understand.
I'm going to have a son? What? Maybe if I do this, I won't have to have kids. It really wasn't something I was planning to do anyway. I open the flask and the portal appears. "Ok," I say, looking at the guards cautiously.
cecil.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby2245 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:18 pm

Ms. Thorpe looks alarmed. These men are clearly not her guards! One of the men rips the flask from my hand and runs for the exit.
bobby2245
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cecil. on Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:20 pm

(( I have to go now; I'll post later ))
cecil.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cecil. on Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:31 pm